Skip to content


Our electrician came by tonight (with a crew of old friends from Brooklyn) and hooked our generator up to our electrical panel.


Now we can run what’s left of our wiring, post-Katrina, off a gasoline-fueled internal combustion engine.

So tonight, for the first time in over a hundred days, a few electric light bulbs burned on our block of North Salcedo Street.

If I get a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) we can run electronics without fear of frying their circuits.

This is an interim step until the city inspects our wires and Entergy hooks us up.

The question: Is it worth it?

Published inKatrinaOur House

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *