On November 11, 2011, eleven of us gathered at The 1111 Building, in parking space #11, and at precisely eleven minutes and eleven seconds after eleven o’clock a.m., we raised a toast — the No. 11 Cup.
That’s eleven elevens, in case you weren’t keeping track.
- I came up with this idea back in February.
- Here’s the recipe for the No. 11 Cup by Leo Robitschek. He’s head bartender at Eleven Madison Park in NYC. They also scored the new Best Restaurant Bar award at this year’s Tales of the Cocktail.
- Because it’s uncivilized to serve drinks without food, I also brought along some currant-pumpkin bread. (I used half the sugar and it was still plenty sweet enough.)
- Of course I took some photos.
- David Martin also took some pix.
Here’s my fave:
- Wayne wrote the event up on “Slow Cocktails.”
- Is there a mix? Of course there is.
What did you do for 11-11-11?