Skip to content

Pho Bo to Go

I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday because I was sick. I’m feeling better now, but I was down with some kind of bug for about a day and a half. It was pretty low-grade, with nausea and fatigue as the only symptoms. I missed some work, but still managed to make it to a few neighborhood meetings. Tuesday morning was a breakfast confab with Friends of New Orleans. I was only feeling the vaguest onset of illness at that point — burping a lot. Went to bed early that night with hardly any supper. Wednesday morning, another breakfast meeting, this one with Dr. Jacob Wagner to discuss the implications of the draft Master Plan’s suggested land use designations. I was definitely not feeling my best then. I went home afterward and slept all day. Come night, I managed to make it to one more meeting, to look at a zoning waiver being requested by a bakery/mini-grocery business that wants to open just around the corner. It’s crazy having all these meetings, but when it rains it pours. I haven’t been to such meetings in weeks if not months and now all of a sudden, blam, four in three days.

After not having eaten hardly anything for 36 hours, my appetite was finally returning. I got some pho bo to go (I love saying that) from Doson’s, and that was just what the proverbial doctor ordered. I knew I was feeling better this morning at about 5:15 AM when I went across the street and asked a guy sitting in his pickup to please turn his music down because we were trying to sleep. He was so drunk it was frightening to think of him driving around in that vehicle. He was also quite apologetic, once I was able to even get him to focus on me.

Today’s Holy Thursday, a staff holiday, so I’m home again filing taxes and generally cleaning the house and trying to redeem myself in Xy’s eyes for being in absentia on the parenting front. Leftover pho bo for lunch — yum!

Published inBody

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *