I took the day off yesterday to make some repairs to our deck. Specifically, I replaced three old warped and worn-out boards with new lumber.

Three New Boards

The amazing thing to me is I actually got it all done. Moreover, all in one day: buying the lumber and the deck screws, removing the old boards, cutting the new boards to length and screwing them into place. Even the cleanup.

So often any project I take on seems to have a way of mushrooming and getting beyond me. For once that didn’t happen. Hooray.


Of course, something did go wrong. It had to. I dropped my phone and apparently killed it. It thinks it has no battery, and won’t even run off AC power. So don’t try to call my cell phone please.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>